Sunday 9 January 2011

The Others

Since my leg's been better enough for me to be allowed out, my Mum and I have had a lovely big meadow field to wander about in and explore (and eat before the snow came).  Down one side there's a fence made of electricity (shocking, but true) and on the other side of this are The Others.  There are four of them I can count.  There may be more but since my ancestors chose to go down the evolutionary route of having just one finger to run on at the end of each limb, counting beyond four has been tricky.  Maybe they should have thought about that before they put all their effort into making us better at running away.  Anyway, I'll show you a picture of them and you can make up your own mind. 

These others seem to spend a long time looking over the fence at us.  I could even go so far as to say they sometimes look a bit cross that they can't come into our part of the field.  I wonder if they used to be able to but now they can't?  In the picture, the nearest one is called Bryn and he seems quite friendly.  The next one is Hannah and she looks a bit fat to me.  The tiny one sticking out behind Hannah's backside is Choccy - I know, his name is a joke and I think he's a bit of a joke.  He's not young like me.  He's fully grown and still only that size.  The one at the back is the most beautiful and she's called Sealeah Myranda.  If I was old enough I'd probably want to marry her. 















As you can see, there isn't just a fence between us - there are two.  And a big gap as well.  It's called nohorse's land.  The only person I've ever seen going in the gap is the dog, Meg.  She spends nearly all her time waiting just behind me and watching my back legs.  Don't ask me why - she's just nuts.  If I stand still, she lies down still.  If I move, she moves.  If I run around, she runs around.  It's actually abit of a laugh sometimes.  Just for fun, I've tried to kick her head off but she's too quick and always moves it out of the way just in time. 


I think this Bryn is quite a funny one.  He's always fooling around with Choccy, who's about 15 sizes smaller than he is.  He even tries to take Choccy's coat off, which is silly because anyone can see it's still cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment