Monday 23 August 2010

Snap!

Just the other day I was thinking how great life really was.  I was out in the big field, lush grass, sunshine on my back, flying and jumping around (as you do), when suddenly...OUCH!  Something snapped and it was actually inside my own leg.  It hurt and I don't mean just a little.  It started getting all swollen and I could hardly even tread on it like I'm supposed to.  Lisa came to my field and next thing I knew I was in an ambulance.  My Mum came along too because she was a bit worried about me.  The ambulance took us to another farm but it had a special sign outside saying Dyffryn Tywi Equine Clinic.   I had heard rumours about this place: it's called "the vets".  Lisa was there again, and lots of other people too, all looking busy doing stuff.

As if I hadn't had enough drama already, I then had to go into a room with lights and machines, have my bad leg shaved, have needles stuck in me and then have special pictures taken of me.  It turns out I've gone and fractured one of my sessamoid bones, cracked it right in two.  Yesterday I didn't even know I had any of these; now I'm an expert in them. 
































The one I've broken is on my left hind leg, just behind my fetlock.  Luckily, I have two sesamoid bones behind each fetlock and I've only snapped one of them.  Lisa was glad that it's only one, although she's been extremely worried about me.  It turns out that she is "the vet" and she works at this hospital.  I'm going to have to stay here for ages while I mend so I think I'll be seeing her every day.














I must admit I've been very impressed so far by this hospital and all its staff.  The patient care is exemplary. I've been getting a lot of personal attention and I don't mean just medical.  It's almost as if they enjoy just spending a bit of time with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment